11.28.2014

FFHT



Twas the night after Thanksgiving, and all thro~ the house.
I could not find the leftovers, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the pantry with care.
In hopes that the fat man would soon be here.
The grandchildren were all snuggled at their own house.
While visions of ipads, notebooks, & 50 inch tv's
better not be dancing in their heads!
Mom with her scrunchie on top of her head,
had just gone upstairs to settle in bed.
When out on the lawn there arose such a
screeching, I jumped off the sofa in a flash
to see what was the matter.I tore open the blinds
and threw up the sash.The moon cast a shadow
on the new fallen snow. When, what to my brown eyes
did I see down below? But a sleigh and eight tiny
rein dogs, with a little old driver. He barked,
whistled and shouted, and called them by name.
On Sarge, Frankie, Ernie, Susie, Sidebite, Maddi,Bouncing Bertie,
Edward & Lily, Rottover, Murphy, Stanley, Wyatt, Goose, Easyrider,
Oreo, Mona, Prissy, Shyla and R, Frank The Tank, Ruby, Princess Leah,
The Idaho Pugs,Thunder, Lightning & Ciara from the OP Pack.
Even the Winnies from Florida and Zoolarty.
I heard on the rooftop all their paws. When down the stove
vent the fat man did appear all covered in fur.
A bag filled with toys, treets, and foodables,
were in his backpack. His cheeks were like duck jerky.
He had a fat belly, just like my dad, it shook
when he laughed. He spoke not a word, but went
straight to work. He filled all of the stockings.
Looking straight at me he said, THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME,
share all you have with blogville, and out the front door he went.
Merry Christmas to all my blogville friends.
May the Spirit of the season be in all our hearts.










We are joining Stanley and Murphy FFHT



















15 comments:

  1. OOOHHH..this was great! Now we's are really in the Christmas spirit. We just loved your story!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a poem as well as a story.
    That's very impressive Cinnamon and a lovely story!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super poem.
    Just wish I had been there too.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bertie,
      You were there too.
      I just didn't see you hiding in the snow.
      Look again little friend, I see you now.

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Fantabulous feature for the FFHT!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was hilarious. A slightly late Holiday Greeting from Abby the Lab and her Mom (who grew up in a little town between I-5 and Ilwaco)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, bravo, well done! You went above and beyond!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have to get Mom to put up the Christmas tree! I am so excited for our first Christmas season in Blogville! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo bravo bravo Cinnamon!!!
    What a great rendition!!
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Wow Wow!! I hope that sleigh comes to our house...we'll be watching for it every night now!!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story! Visions of IPods cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's a super story Cinnamon. And super tasty too....and you are a super poem writer.... Apaws Apaws! I hope Santa will be carefull when he comes down the stove in my crib... we still have a hornets nest there :o)
    Easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Great poem! Since you are such an expert on Santa, do you think he will be mad if he finds out I emptied the garbage can today?

    ReplyDelete