8.18.2014

Mammals Monday

Want to see something BIG?

Take a look at the BEAUTIFUL photos below.


Spyhopper Travels Photography is based in Friday Harbor, Washington. Featuring the nature photography of Katie Jones.
If you would like to see more of Katie's photography I have provided the link above.

Cinnamon suggest you click on the photos to get the full viewing pleasure!    :)
My name is Katie J. and I am a young zoologist whirling through this crazy world. I have been working in the San Juan Islands as a naturalist since 2001 and it has provided me with experiences that are absolutely invaluable. Being a naturalist and photographer has taught me so much about, not only nature, but the interesting and somewhat obtuse relationships people have with our planet. In addition to living and working in the San Juans, I have also done research on humpback whales in Hawaii, cohabited with gray whales in Mexico, and cared for injured and orphaned wildlife in Alaska. The San Juans are home for now, but there is a great wide world out there and much more to discover. Everywhere I go I receive inspiration not only from the land and sea, but from the many different animals I am fortunate enough to meet and greet. My biggest and most humble hope is that my photography will inspire others to take care of our fragile earth and all the creatures that call this planet 'home'.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, those guys really are BIG!!! The photos are pawesome. Thanks for sharing.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL GORGEOUS PICTURES of FREE LIVING Whales.

    BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh how wonderful - something about whales and dolphins always makes me feel like I can dive the depths and fly through waves... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pics ..... nature is beautiful isn't it!!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsa!!!! Lookie at them!!!! So magnificent...☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What IS that? It's waaay bigger than a hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures. I could watch these free spirited creatures all day.
    Cinnamon is adorable. cute name too. We have 4 Schnauzers. From your newest follower, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omd those are some amazing orcas! XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete